Dr. Gillani is seeking an energetic, friendly and experienced Optometric Assistant and/or Optician with good inter-personal skills at her brand new practice in Kitchener. These positions require good time management, task management and communication skills.
Your duties as an Optometric Assistant or Optician:
- Booking and pre-booking patient appointments
- Communicating professionally with patients and ophthalmology offices
- Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality when recording patient histories
- Performing pre-testing and diagnostic testing with an auto-refractor, optical coherence tomography and visual field
- Assisting patients with frame selection, making adjustments and repairs
- Ordering and dispensing contacts, contact lens training and instruction
- Experience as an Optometric assistant or Optician
- Willingness to learn and the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrable abilities for time and task management
To apply, email your cover letter and resume.